Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Pancake Muffins - #MuffinMonday



I have been going through a serious bout of baker's block lately. I spend long hours staring at and thinking about upcoming blog event themes but I just cannot seem to translate that into something that I want to make. Nothing sounds good. And when it does sound good, I am just not in the mood to make it or cannot find the ingredients that I need. I skipped last month's Muffin Monday because of this and almost skipped this one too. But then I remembered that a friend had emailed me about pancake muffins.




These are really simple to make and easily customizable. You could throw different mix-ins into each muffin or keep them plain like I did. They are not particularly sweet - which I love. This means that if pouring maple syrup over pancakes is your thing, you can still do that here. Best of all? You get your pancake fix in a much more portable form!


Check out all the muffins that the other bakers made for this month! No baker's block for them!









Pancake Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Adapted from Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
4 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla


Directions

Grease the wells of a muffin tin. Preheat oven to 350 F.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt. In a separate container whisk together milk, eggs, oil, vinegar and vanilla.

Gently mix together the wet and dry ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. The batter will be lumpy.

Divide among muffin wells. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.





#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Not so sweet muffins one can pour syrup over? I can think of more than a few people to whom that prospect would greatly appeal! Many of them related to me. :) Glad you baked with us, Kelly. We miss you when you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! Pancakes in poppable muffin form sound like a win to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea Kelly. I'll bet you could use maple syrup in place of the sugar for built in mapley goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    I'm all over not to sweet muffins, but I'm especially intrigued by the pancake aspect. Mini muffins would be silver dollar pancake equivalents and everything.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portable pancakes! What a great idea! It doesn't look like there's too much oil either. Love that they're not too sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancake muffins are such a great idea! Glad you joined us this (last..) month.

    ReplyDelete